With 35 acres of ground and an arboretum are you really in North London?
In Hadley Wood, Hertfordshire, there’s a hotel just a short ride away from one of the country’s busiest motorways, around 12 miles from central London, within reasonably easy reach of three international airports and yet offering the peace and tranquility of a country retreat.
This establishment is the West Lodge Park Hotel, one of two luxury hotels family owned by Beales Hotels and offering 58 rooms ranging from comfortable singles through to a six-person suite and full dining, conference, private party and banqueting facilities.
Throw in a helipad, plenty of parking, and facilities for electric car charging and it’s the ideal location if you need to be within easy reach of London or quick and convenient road, rail and air links. With its picturesque setting and location in a smart village-like environment in Hadley Wood, the West Lodge Park is very much a country hotel in Hertfordshire
Peace, luxury and convenience
The West Lodge Park Hotel has become a firm favourite for those wanting a convenient yet stylish and comfortable place to stay or for holding a conference or other gathering. It’s a fully featured AA-awarded 4-star hotel offering the following:
- 58 rooms ranging from singles, smaller doubles, executive and luxury bedrooms, a six-person suite, accessible rooms and even a dog friendly room
- Full dining facilities from light snacks to breakfast, lunch, dinner and afternoon tea; if you fancy indulging, champagne room service breakfasts are available
- Meals served in the hotel’s own restaurant or in one of its private dining rooms
- A fully stocked bar overlooking the hotel grounds
- Banqueting facilities
- 35 acres of grounds including an arboretum founded in 1963 and containing over 800 species of tree makes it hard to believe you’re close to the busy M25 and within easy reach of Central London
- Full conference facilities including catering, equipment and hospitality
- Private functions such as wedding receptions, funeral gatherings, parties and other special events
- Open over Christmas to include provision of festive packages
- Shooting, golf (in conjunction with Hadley Wood or Trent Park golf clubs) and yoga - even a bee keeping experience day - packages available
- Classical concert and dinner evenings
- Weekend break packages including sightseeing, shopping and activities
Service and awards
Four generations of the Beale family have run the West Lodge Park Hotel site since it was acquired back in 1945 and subsequently turned into a fully featured hotel in the late 1950s. Since then Beales Hotels has kept it and their other establishment, the Beale Hotel in nearby Hatfield, fully family owned.
The company were pleased to be awarded four-star status by the AA and RAC for both its hotels, and also gain the highest quality rating from the AA of any hotel in the North London district for the West Park Lodge.
The company has also invested heavily in its staff leading to various ‘Investors in People’ awards over the years, and has experienced a high level of staff retention with many having worked for the company over several years.
The company has celebrated milestones for both of its hotels having clocked up over 70 years since the West Lodge Park Hotel was originally purchased, and more than half a century since the Beale Hotel was purchased.